Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chinese saying - Have fate thousand miles will meet; No fate face-to-face will not hold hands

The following entry focuses on the first half of above saying.

This happened in the summer of 2008, whilst on my Spain tour with Charpin. We were in Granada (13 July 2008), touring the Alhambra (what else?!). I had gone ahead to take some pics and ten minutes later I turned around to see Charp had befriended someone.

She was Jamie, an American psychology undergrad on exchange in Toledo, a charming town just an hour from Madrid. I mentioned that I would probably be visiting Toledo later on, and it would be great to meet up again. We exchanged email addresses, got a pic of Charp and Jamie, and departed, as she only had an hour (or half?) to finish the entire Alhambra. I did not have further correspondence with Jamie due to the hectic pace of our trip (10 cities in 14 days) ...

Fast forward to a week later, whilst walking through the old town of Toledo (19 July 2008), I noticed a familiar attractive blond walking with a companion, and yes, it was Jamie! This time we exchanged phone numbers, and I promised to call her to meet for a drink once I finished my tour of Toledo (I had only 3 hours). I did call Jamie after the sightseeing and picture-taking, but somehow was not able to get through...

I guess this post does have to do with the second half of the chinese saying after all...

To date, we keep in touch online, and I must thank her for entertaining me during my many boring weekday nights in Oslo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice!