Monday, August 10, 2009

The Kama Sutra room

Location: Hostel99, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic
Date: 27-28 June 2009

Hostel99 is a really cool hostel built out of an old Czech house, with great atmosphere, free wi-fi, a bar and bakery, rooms with names instead of numbers, and a large dvd collection to boot. But what really made my stay memorable was their Kama Sutra room.

So here's the story:

I was asking the receptionist where to get a towel, and he blabbered that the towels were in a cabinet around the corner. I was not really paying attention to the receptionist's specific directions, and entered the first room around the corner, thinking the cabinet would be inside. There was no cabinet in sight, but what I did see was a naked couple on the bed, without sheets, copulating....



My natural response - "Oh F#*k, Sorry!" and shut the door. I looked up at the door, taking note of the room name - Kama Sutra.

The towel cabinet turned out to be just outside the room.
Pub by the flooded river

I actually did clarify that the Kama Sutra room was a regular double room available for rent, and not a communal room for copulation.

Lesson learnt: Unless you're fine with strangers walking in, lock the door.

Afterthought: Just thought of the movie "Hostel". Maybe I was supposed to stay in the room, and get invited for some decadence... oh well...


No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice!