Monday, May 9, 2011

The Ride of My Life

No, it's not in a car, a cruise, a rollercoaster, an airplane, nor a helicopter...

At of 9 May 2011, age 32, it's THE LORRY RIDE UP MOUNT KYAIKTIYO!
  • Top of a lorry
  • 10-12 wooden benches secured by screws to the side of the lorry
  • 5 to 6 persons per bench
  • Around 60kmh, up AND down hill along a winding, bumpy road
  • No seatbelts
  • I'm seated right at the back, at the corner

Not sure if the picture adequately describes the situation well enough, but I actually kept my camera after 5 minutes, not wanting to risk dropping or knocking it against the lorry, as I actually needed both hands to hold on to the lorry for dear life!

A 45 minute uphill ride on a 1-lane road/dirt track, only for another 45 minute uphill climb up slopes and stairs, just to see this:


 The Golden Rock on Mt Kyaiktiyo, the 3rd most important Buddhist pilgrimage site in Myanmar.

I'll update this post upon completion of any of the following, if ever:
  • whitewater rafting
  • skydiving
  • paragliding
  • bungee jumping
  • BASE jumping

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice!